Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Women want what they don’t want

By Hansen Sinclair

One day, I was walking with my girlfriend in the mall, holding hands and
eating an ice cream cone, being as happy as can be. We went into a store
and browsed around for a few minutes before buying something. While at
the register, the cashier proceeded to flirt with me blatantly in front of my girl. I didn’t know what to do. I was flattered, but it was obvious my girl was not happy, and I was sure to hear it when we got in the car. The funny thing is, the cashier was a girl I had tried to talk to on numerous
occasions, but she didn’t so much as give me a glance. Now all of a
sudden she’s interested?

The only difference this time was I walked into the store hand-in-hand with another female. Could that be it?

I know I’m not the most attractive guy out there; I’m a mere 5’7,” 140
pounds with glasses. I’m not an athlete, nor am I rich. Instead of a
Hummer on dubs, I ride in a Honda on hubs. But I found a girl who finally
looked past all that and likes me for me, now all of a sudden to women
I’m Taye Diggs or L.L. Cool J. Why is that?

Why is it, when I was single I couldn’t pay women to go out with me, but
now that I’m in a relationship they’re throwing “it” at me left and right? Is there something different about a guy in a relationship, a certain aura
about him that women love; or are women so petty they can’t stand to see
other people happy and feel they must mess up a good thing? I guess it
has to do with the whole theory that women want what they can’t have. Or
maybe it has to do something with women’s rivalry with each other. I
mean, why should that heifer have a man and not me? I must sabotage
their relationship by any means necessary.

And of course,as guys, we fall for it. We find ourselves in happy, fulfilling relatationshps, but the thought of another woman actually wanting to be with us is enough for us to stray. I know I have steak over here, but I wouldn’t mind a little hamburger every once in a while. The problem with
men is that we -- at least the average guys like myself -- aren’t used to
being hit on or picked up. The fact that a woman, any woman, shows us
any form of attention is such a foreign concept to us, that when it happens,
we don’t know how to handle it. We aren’t used to turning down “it.” We
don’t wanna chase it, but when it chases us, we can’t run fast enough.

And of course, women know how to play us. They flirt with us, show us a
little thigh and “tickle our fancies,” and the minute we leave the woman we
are supposedly in love with she loses interest. Now we are back to
square one -- alone. It was all a part of her little game and she won.
Game over.

Moral of the story: guys, if you have a good woman who loves you for you
no matter how dumb or goofy you act, hang on to her. Ignore the succubus
looking to tear you away from your beloved. It’s all a mind game. She’s
hatin’ on your girl and is using you as her pawn. She really does not like
you, nor does she want to be with you. In short, if you don’t think you’re all that, but you still have beautiful, fine women hitting on you despite you being in a relationship, don’t hesitate, run far, run fast.


She can’t have my benefits


By Te-Ericka Patterson

Why do I flirt now that you have a girl? Simple; you belong to me.

I have a friend who had been in love with me for almost 10 years. We met
in highschool and we dated briefly but things never got too serious
between us although I know he wanted more from our relationship.

He was patient throughout the years, a loyal friend, a good companion. He
was the guy I would turn to for everything and I knew he would be there. I
had his attention and his heart and I loved it, although I didn’t love him.

Six months ago he called me and told me he has a girlfriend. My heart
dropped. A girlfriend? You mean you don’t worship me anymore?

I grilled him about this new girl, with the most important question on my
mind: Does she look better than me?

Now he had My attention. I would call him and sit there in silence. He
would ask me what was wrong and I would bite my lip and act like I didn’t
care. I noticed a change in his behavior. When I called him, he actually
told me he would call me back. Call me back? Excuse me? The monetary
gifts I received were becoming less and less. Ouch, that really hurt.

Now it was my turn to do the chasing. For what? I don’t know. I still don’t
want him in that way but there is just something about another woman
moving in on My territory that really upsets me. I can’t have some other
woman cashing in on my benefits.

This frustration caused me to sit back and evaluate our situation. Here
was a guy that was handsome, well-educated, generous and he
absolutely adored me but for some reason I didn’t want him.

I tried to want him. I really did. My mama loved him. My friends loved him.
Why couldn’t I love him?

Then I realized why. He wasn’t the one for me.

Even if he owned half of America and looked like the delicious Nick
Cannon, I wouldn’t be completely satisfied unless I knew that he was the
one God had chosen for me. That is why so many people cheat and
constantly look over their shoulder even though they are supposedly in
“good” relationships. They never got that assurance that the person they
chose was God’s absolute best for them.

The reason you’re with someone and longing for more is because there
is more out there for you. If you didn’t receive your partner as a gift from God chances are you settled for less than the best.

I could date and flirt and use all of my charms to snag the man of my
dreams, or I could wait and try to act right until God feels it is time to send my husband.

If I wait I am sure to receive the person that will be the best fit for me. I won’t have to look twice. I won’t have to wonder. No matter how fine any
other man is, he won’t be able to satisfy me like the man that God will
bring.

Yes, sometimes I get lonely and want someone to come over and feel on
me, but what would that lead to? Another baby to take care of. I don’t want
it to go down like that again. I want to do it right this time.

No more men going in and out of my life. No more casual sex. No more
breaking hearts and getting my heart broken.

There comes a time when all games must cease. You can’t be a
grown-up still playing childish games.

So, Mr. Golden Boy, whoever you are, I’m waiting for you. I’m not giving
away my heart or my body to anyone who wants a sample anymore.

I once read a book that posed a life changing question; Are you willing to
give up something good at the wrong time for God's best at the right time?

No comments: